Cybercrime continues to evolve at an incredibly rapid rate. In fact, hackers are attacking every 39 seconds. Nowadays, CPA firms need an advanced cybersecurity strategy to keep all of their sensitive data safe against threats. But before they can implement an advanced cybersecurity strategy, they need a plan that is documented and continuously updated as new threats arise. This security plan should give you insight into:
- How quickly you’re detecting threats on the network
- How to respond to an attack if you’re not able to prevent it
- What endpoints are protected using what solutions
- What the schedule for patches and/or updates looks like
And much, much more
Infiniwiz offers all of our clients an in-depth security plan that outlines the measures, policies, and procedures we’re implementing so you can have peace of mind knowing you’re safe and compliant with the FTC Safeguards Rule. Get started now. Call 847-713-1451.
According to the FTC Safeguards Rule, “tax return preparers must create and enact security plans to protect client data. Failure to do so may result in an FTC investigation.” We truly believe that no CPA firm should have to worry about something as important and invaluable as security and documentation. After all, documentation is key to standardization, and in many cases, operational efficiency. This is why we are thorough and comprehensive in our security planning.
We keep accurate and up-to-date documentation on all things security related:
- Map of the entire network, including the location of all hardware, such as workstations, firewalls, routers, switches, printers, scanners, backups, etc.
- Server information, such as data and configurations of the individual servers
- Software information, such as current versions, dates, licensing, and support
- Administrative passwords and credentials
- Vendor and contact information
- Backup and disaster recovery plan
- Security policies and procedures, such as:
- Internet policies
- Remote work policies
- Backup policies
- And more
We also continuously update your security plan because we know the world of cybercrime is changing at an incredible rate. Your security posture is never static. Instead, it must evolve alongside your business to ensure you’re safeguarding any:
- New entry points
- New users
- New processes or procedures
According to the FTC Safeguards Rule, tax return preparers must have a thorough plan where they:
- Designate someone to coordinate an information security program
- Identify and assess the risks to customer information
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current safeguards in place to control these risks
- Design and implement a safeguards program that is regularly tested and monitored
- Select service providers that adhere to appropriate safeguards
- Evaluate and adjust their security program on a regular basis as needed
Infiniwiz simplifies compliance for you – taking over the heavy lifting in terms of creating, documenting, and monitoring your security program at all times.